Funding and Programming Opportunities
Our firm offers its clients decisive experience in understanding and using New York’s complex budget process to their advantage. We provide information and guidance on how best to access funding for a client’s priorities and deliver clear and analytical insights that can improve the achievement of a successful outcome during each step of the budget process. Excelsior Advisors works on budget initiatives at every stage of the process. Examples include:
- Initial crafting of the upcoming year’s budget framework done at the Division of the Budget;
- An agency’s response to the Budget Director’s Call Letter;
- Close interaction at every stage of the Legislative process leading to enactment; and
- Implementation of the budget with those same Executive agencies and the Office of the State Comptroller.
In New York State in particular, budget issues often dominate a Legislative Session and government relations work. As such, Excelsior Advisors offers its clients the following:
- We identify opportunities for clients early in the Executive Budget development process and advocate for inclusion of their priorities;
- We review and analyze the Executive Recommended Budget and provide summary information and context to our clients on their identified priorities;
- We assist clients in advocating with both the Senate and the Assembly to protect beneficial elements of the budget, encourage changes or recommend additional policy or funding components; and
- Once enacted, we provide our clients with information and direct them towards potential funding opportunities. We assist with interacting with appropriate government agencies and important policymakers to facilitate positive outcomes and other potential benefits.
With the inclusion of both fiscal and policy issues as a part of New York State’s budget, having a representative with a strong understanding of and insider connections at every level of budget process will only work to our client’s advantage.